There are seven ADAM™ modules that provide digital I/O. They provide a variety of input and output ports with various levels of isolation.
- ADAM 4050 has 7 inputs, 8 outputs, and no isolation.
- ADAM 4051 has 16 inputs, no outputs, and 2500VDC of isolation.
- ADAM 4052 has 8 inputs, no outputs, and 5000VRMS of isolation.
- ADAM 4053 has 16 digital inputs for wet-contact or dry-contact inputs, and no isolation.
- ADAM 4055 has 8 inputs, 8 outputs, and 2500VDC of isolation.
- ADAM 4056S has no inputs, 12 outputs (sink), and 5000VRMS of isolation.
- ADAM 4056SO has no inputs, 12 outputs (source), and 5000VRMS of isolation.
ADAM modules use a single twisted pair of wires to transmit and receive data. All module commands are issued in printable ASCII characters. You can easily panel-mount, DIN-rail-mount, or piggyback-mount modules. Removable screw terminal connectors make wiring and field maintenance easy.
Modules accept any unregulated power source between 10 and 30 VDC. A watchdog timer supervisory function automatically resets the modules in the event of system failure.
Our CyMOD series of modules has been designed with state-of-the art surface-mount technology to be completely hardware and software compatible with the ADAM series, at a somewhat lower cost. CM 4011, CM 4011D, and CM 4018 are thermocouple modules that parallel the similarly numbered ADAM modules.